Sunday 1 January 2017

2016

995.4 Miles
312,744ft
314ft/mile
183 runs

I seem to have lost at least one run from my watch/training log as i know for a fact i topped out on over a 1000 miles this year.

Numbers look ok, i wanted more. A great start to the year came undone in July with a low level virus which I couldn't shake, resulting in a pathetic 8,000ft total. Recovery in August and then a solid month (45k ascent) in September, followed by a serious lack of mojo for 2 months, and the mentality of getting out in every weather & on tired legs waning somewhat.

It's been a whirlwind year, from Life on the Fells debuting, to Mountain Fuel, Inov-8 and Montane bringing support to my training. Time spent in utter marvel at the Salomon Advanced Week, & walking away from a job i loved.

2017 brings some big challenges, starting my training in massage, and progressing (hopefully) into sports injury, so any locals reading  this - freeby massages for months to come!

In May i take on the biggest challenge since my transplant, fighting my way around the Bob Graham Round. Whilst sub 24 is the obvious aim to 'join the club' my goal is to simply finish. I'm not put together like most people taking on this challenge, and whilst my stats look promising, my speed, lack there of, isnt!

Try as i might injecting speed into my running hasn't worked, my body just cannot keep up with the demand to work that hard, it's all systems go, with my heart sitting in the back not pulling its weight! Thankful to be alive, and thankful that I'm stubborn enough to force myself up and down mountains for fun.

The last few weeks of 2016 have been spent without a run in a sight, and i think i've needed it, my waistline disagrees though!

My mental health is getting stronger, pushing my boundaries with a holiday further abroad, and 2 weeks in Poland, with a week away from the comfort and safety of Azjas house whilst there, and coping when pretty ill not to panic!

The plan now is to kickstart my course, then smash the hills, no excuses. Run in the morning, massage & theory work in late afternoon & evening.

Lets do this!

No comments:

Post a Comment